Region: Moyobamba, San Martin
Producers: Cooperativa Agraria APROECO
Varietal: Typica, Caturra, Catimor
Altitude: 1000-1800 masl
Certification: RFA / O /FT
Tasting Notes: A well balanced cup with sweet dry candy aromas, light on acidity with sweet notes throughout of black cherry, brown sugar and juicy raisin. Medium body with a light sweet finish.
Roasting Notes: Light / Medium roast
Peru - Triple Certified Coffee Per Kg
Our Peru grade 1 cup 82-83 is grown in the Peruvian Northern region of San Martin, near the city of Moyobamba. This region is the door to the Peruvian Amazons and is widely known for its large amount of native plants and flowers. Moyobamba was once a base for Spanish conquistadores from which incursions were made into the surrounding areas.
Peru Grade 1 FTO RFA cup 82-83
• Cultivation area: Moyobamba
• Producers: Cooperativa Agraria APROECO
• Growing altitude: 1000-1800 m.a.s.l.
• Shade is used 95% of the time.
• Botanical variety: Typica 90%, Catimor, Caturra
• Processing: washed
• Picking: by hand due to the slopes on the growing region
• Soil: extremely varied due to the vast amounts of mountains covering the country
• Climate: warm weather with an average temperature of 23 degrees Celsius
• Certificate: Fairtrade Organic and Rain Forest Alliance
• Harvest Period: June-July
• Number of defects: until 15 no primary defects per 300 grams Cupping profile
Moyobamba is world known for its unique orchids and its production of exceptional coffee. Our Peru FTO+RFA has a cup of 82-83 points on the SCA scale.